We are committed to being honest about how we use personal information, we will generally advise you of our intended purpose for its use and who it will be disclosed to.
What personal information is held by WFS
• Personal information through registrations for work availability and specific job applications
• Work performance information
• Workplace incidents and investigations
• Payroll information submitted through timesheets in relation to normal hours worked, overtime performed, personal leave, illness or other grounds necessary
• Information obtained to assist in strengthening business relationships
Privacy and our website at http://www.workforcesolutions.com.au
The type of information collected on our website depends on how you make use of the site.
Purposes for which we hold personal information
Our primary reason for collecting your information is;
• Placement and Recruitment operations – to assist us in finding suitable employment for you
• Staff management – to enable our personnel consultants to better service your career requirements if you are employed by WFS on a temporary or contract basis
• Training – to identify any future training requirements
• Business continuity and sustainability – to ensure we remain viable and informed to relevant employment needs, whilst servicing our current operations and to support prospective business ventures.
• Sensitive information is a special category of personal information under the Australian Privacy Act 1988. It is information or opinion about you, including membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union; criminal record; health or disability, etc.
• As outlined in the Australian Privacy Act, sensitive information, can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent.
Your information may be released for the reason in which it is held; in some cases we may only disclose your information with your permission. The information you provide may be released by the company where we are required to do so under our employer duty of care responsibilities.
By submitting your employment application to us, you are agreeing to your personal details being forwarded to our offices, and prospective clients for the basis of employment.
How WFS manages your information
How your information is stored
The privacy of your information is important to us. We hold your personal information in various secure forms and have taken careful consideration when developing our business continuity and disaster recovery procedures to ensure and maintain the security of your information. Your information is housed through internal and external storage facilities as set by the company. Your personal records may be held by the company for a significant period of time. However, if it is deemed that your information is no longer required we will remove any details that will identify you or we will securely destroy the records.
Maintaining accuracy of your personal information
We rely daily on our databases to conduct our normal business operations; we aim to maintain these records as accurately as possible. We recognise information changes regularly with your personal circumstances. We attempt to update your information through regular contact over the telephone. Should you be aware of personal detail changes please advise your relevant personnel consultant of the changes.
Access to your information
You can gain access to the personal information that we hold about you, subject to some exceptions that are set out in the Australian National Privacy Act. If the release of your information would breach the privacy rights of other persons or if it breaches any confidentiality that attaches to that information, access may be refused.
All requests to access your personal information will need to be completed in writing addressed to the company privacy officer addressing what you require. You will be required to verify your identity prior to any information release. As WFS archives information through external resources there may be a delay in processing your request. Your request may also be accompanied by a retrieval fee, this will be discussed upon submission of you application for information access.
Enquiries and complaints
Marc Banks (07) 3875 0000
If you are not satisfied with WFS response to your complaint, you can contact the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner.
Please direct all feedback enquires to: email@example.com